If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (715) 370-7181

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Common Cause of Electrical Fires in Homes or Businesses are faulty outlets.

5/18/2023 (Permalink)

Did you know that most electrical fires are caused by faulty outlets that have worn out sockets that are no longer properly grounded because of the age and use of the outlet?  As things get older and are used more often the wiring behind outlets wears well and the wires loosen over time and potentially break causing a fire.

There are nearly 30,000 electrical fires in the U.S. per year that cause an estimated $1.1 billion in property damage and over 300 deaths.  The winter months seem to be the most common time of year, but anytime of the year you can unfortunately experience a house fire.

Some ways to prevent outlet electrical fires in your home or business.

  1. Don’t overload your outlets.
  2. Use only GFCI outlets near water.
  3. Keep flammable objects away from electrical outlets.

If you or someone you know unfortunately suffers such a fire or other emergency call SERVPRO of Stevens Point, Wausau, Marshfield & NW Wisconsin Rapids at 715-544-4855 and we can dispatch a crew to make sure that we make your situation, “Like it never even happened.”

Other News

View Recent Posts